Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fiscal Irresponsibility (3)

In the course of my life up to this point I would say I have lived an above average lifestyle compared to many other people. However, growing up under the umbrella of funds and above average taste seems to have shaped me into a being of waste.

I've been saving a little of each of my paychecks since the summer began in preparation to pay for my school books for this semester. But in my lack of caring to shop around, especially on the Internet, i just pay for my books at the bookstore like I have always done.

About 3 weeks ago I was having a conversation with a coworker of mine about the way I approach situations in life. I told her something along the lines that I view the philosophy of every choice as either a smart decision or a stupid one.
The strange thing is I know purchasing books from the bookstore is a choice of convenience and paying probably twice the price of a book that I can probably find on Amazon for half price. This is a stupid decision.
I am so smart, yet so stupid sometimes. Oh well, live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment